This is not the best photo, but the best I could do with a longarm frame in my way of taking a straight on photo. Rain does not allow for great shots outside!
Originally, I was going to make a solid green outside border, but I couldn’t get excited about it. Then, when I remembered I had only used one-half of the 10″ square pack, I decided a piano border was exactly what I was needing to complete this top. Cutting the 2.5″ x 5″ strips from the 5″ x 10″ strips was easy and fast. Then I just messed the whole pile up and without thought, I grabbed two from the pile and sewed them together and continued to do so chain piecing them all together. Then the chain became two on two, and so on until I had a chain the length of the the top. The chain going the width of the top started and ended with a 5″ x 5″ square to break up the piano keys (that is what this type of border is called).
The plan is to get this top on the frame today and possibly quilted! When it is all finished, I will post a photo and will be listing it on Etsy in my store StitcherMade. And, marking another off my list!!!